Management and Information Technology Services for Behavioral Health and Local Government
Who are our clients?
County and Municipal Government
Managing an organization in the public sector is tough, whether you are a county executive, city manager, county commissioner, or a department manager. A county or city can be composed of 20 - 30 different businesses with different business processes, policies and procedures and you can be responsible for managing wildly different services like public health, mental health, water and sewer systems, criminal justice, and public works. On top of that, the regulatory compliance issues might include HIPAA, CJIS, and numerous other federal and state regulations. How do you manage it all while feeling confident you are doing the right thing? What skills do you have in your organization and what skills do you really need? Do you have the right technology? We are here to help.
The behavioral health industry is being challenged by unprecedented change.Value-based payments and data warehouses are on the horizon and approaching quickly, but many CBOs and county clinics have only recently adopted EHRs. How do you get the right EHR, and more importantly, how do you get the most value out of it? How do you select a data warehouse that works for your organization or consortium? How do you change your processes to align with new models for payment, delivery of services and quality management? How do you align your organization in a world of DSRIPs, BHCCs, IPAs, and new partnerships? And how do you remain viable and keep up with the regulatory compliance issues as the system continues to become more complex?
What we do - Technology and Management Consulting Services
We deliver outcomes and we work with boards, legislative bodies, executives, and senior managers who want to improve quality and performance, lower costs and mitigate risk. Here are some of the things we do.
Governance and IT Service Management (ITSM)
We help clients improve IT services and lower costs using standards and best practices including ITIL, ISO20000, and COBIT.
Enterprise software procurement
We help you get the right software for your operation using a rigorous methodology that reduces the risk of cost overruns and failure.
Business process analysis and Reengineering
Are your business processes up-to-date, efficient with built-in quality? The perfect time to reengineer is before you start a new project.
Project Management & Oversight
Need help with a special project? We get projects done! and we take on special projects, research, and help fix broken projects.
Jeffrey Morgan, President of e-volve Information Technology Services
Jeff has provided independent consulting services to local governments and behavioral health organizations for over 25 years and understands the challenges and special requirements clients in these industries face. He started his career in information security, process analysis, and project management in army intelligence and holds an M.A. from the University of California, Riverside.
In addition to specializing in local government and behavioral health, Jeff has worked on projects for companies ranging in size from sole proprietorships to Fortune 100 firms and has experience in diverse industries including transportation, insurance, banking, retail, publishing, legal, manufacturing, and real estate.
Read Jeff's publications
Governance and Management Articles
- Information governance in the federal government. CIO.com, February 2018.
- Digital Transformation in the public sector. CIO.com, January 2018.
- Keep your dirty, stinkin’ hands off my Internet. CIO.com, January 2018.
- For tech’s sake! Another government tech plan? CIO.com, August 2017.
- What’s new with ISO/IEC 20000? CIO.com, July 2017.
- How Nebraska successfully consolidated state IT services. CIO.com, June 2017.
- Municipal shared services agreements for information technology. CIO.com, May 2017.
- County/municipal IT services and the RACI model. CIO.com, May 2017.
- Information governance for counties and municipalities. CIO.com, April 2017.
- Is naked truth part of your business model? CIO.com, January 2017.
- Voodoo project management. CIO.com, January 2017.
- On the nature of “IT” projects. CIO.com, November 2016.
- Here’s why your EHR doesn’t work. CIO.com, November 2016.
- We can’t afford quality! CIO.com, October 2016.
- High crimes and misdemeanors of CIO’s. CIO.com, October 2016.
- What is the biggest threat to internal IT Departments? CIO.com, October 2016.
- Managing line-of-business projects. CIO.com, September 2016.
- Who should manage IT? CIO.com, July 2016.
- Is management a legitimate primary skill? CIO.com, July 2016.
- How to assemble a winning ERP team. CIO.com. June 2016
- How to survive an IT Management Audit. CIO.com. June 2016
- Management is everything. Careers in Government, April 2017.
- Accountability in the public sector. Careers in Government, October 2016.
- The high price of complaining. Careers in Government, July 2016.
- Fire your annual performance review. Careers in Government, June 2016.
- Municipal IT Director: 6 Must have qualities. Careers in Government, May 2016.
Information Security Articles
- How to use the NIST cybersecurity framework. Security Magazine, April 2018.
- Board and management responsibilities for information security. CIO.com, February 2018.
- 5 things J.S. Bach can teach you about information security. CIO.com, December 2017.
- Risk assessments for local governments and SMBs. CIO.com, May 2017.
- HIPAA as an umbrella for county/municipal cybersecurity. CIO.com, April 2017.
- County and municipal cybersecurity – Part 2. CIO.com, April 2017.
- County and municipal cybersecurity – Part 1. CIO.com, March 2017.
- May I see your comprehensive security policy please? CIO.com, October 2016.
- The ACA and the death of medical privacy. CIO.com, August 2016.
- Why should county commissioners and executives care about HIPAA? Careers in Government, February 2018.
Read Jeff's Book on Amazon:
Get in touch with Jeff
Watch our Youtube Videos!
3 ways to improve your IT services
Watch my video on improving IT services in your organization
Information security using ISO/IEC 27001
Watch my video on ISO/IEC 27001
In this video, I cover the basics of building an information security program on ISO/IEC 27001.
Is my dog smarter than a CEO?
Watch my video on the Equifax data breach
In this video, I cover some outrageous facts about the Equifax data breach and show you how my dog, Cooper, appears to know more about InfoSec than highly paid executives.
Building a county information security program on HIPAA
Watch my video on building a county/municipal security program on the HIPAA security rule
In this 5-minute video, I cover the basics of using the HIPAA security rule to create your county/municipal security program.