Read Jeff's publications
Following is a list of Jeffrey's publications on management, governance, and information security from CIO.com, Security Magazine, and other publications.
Governance and Management Articles
- Information governance in the federal government. CIO.com, February 2018.
- Digital Transformation in the public sector. CIO.com, January 2018.
- Keep your dirty, stinkin’ hands off my Internet. CIO.com, January 2018.
- For tech’s sake! Another government tech plan? CIO.com, August 2017.
- What’s new with ISO/IEC 20000? CIO.com, July 2017.
- How Nebraska successfully consolidated state IT services. CIO.com, June 2017.
- Municipal shared services agreements for information technology. CIO.com, May 2017.
- County/municipal IT services and the RACI model. CIO.com, May 2017.
- Information governance for counties and municipalities. CIO.com, April 2017.
- Is naked truth part of your business model? CIO.com, January 2017.
- Voodoo project management. CIO.com, January 2017.
- On the nature of “IT” projects. CIO.com, November 2016.
- Here’s why your EHR doesn’t work. CIO.com, November 2016.
- We can’t afford quality! CIO.com, October 2016.
- High crimes and misdemeanors of CIO’s. CIO.com, October 2016.
- What is the biggest threat to internal IT Departments? CIO.com, October 2016.
- Managing line-of-business projects. CIO.com, September 2016.
- Who should manage IT? CIO.com, July 2016.
- Is management a legitimate primary skill? CIO.com, July 2016.
- How to assemble a winning ERP team. CIO.com. June 2016
- How to survive an IT Management Audit. CIO.com. June 2016
- Management is everything. Careers in Government, April 2017.
- Accountability in the public sector. Careers in Government, October 2016.
- The high price of complaining. Careers in Government, July 2016.
- Fire your annual performance review. Careers in Government, June 2016.
- Municipal IT Director: 6 Must have qualities. Careers in Government, May 2016.
Information Security Articles
- How to use the NIST cybersecurity framework. Security Magazine, April 2018.
- Board and management responsibilities for information security. CIO.com, February 2018.
- 5 things J.S. Bach can teach you about information security. CIO.com, December 2017.
- Risk assessments for local governments and SMBs. CIO.com, May 2017.
- HIPAA as an umbrella for county/municipal cybersecurity. CIO.com, April 2017.
- County and municipal cybersecurity – Part 2. CIO.com, April 2017.
- County and municipal cybersecurity – Part 1. CIO.com, March 2017.
- May I see your comprehensive security policy please? CIO.com, October 2016.
- The ACA and the death of medical privacy. CIO.com, August 2016.
- Why should county commissioners and executives care about HIPAA? Careers in Government, February 2018.
Read Jeff's Book on Amazon:
Watch Jeff's Videos!
Cybersecurity, cyber risk, and liability in local government
A comprehensive overview of cybersecurity, risk, and liability in local government
3 ways to improve your IT services
Watch my video on improving IT services in your organization
Information security using ISO/IEC 27001
Watch my video on ISO/IEC 27001
In this video, I cover the basics of building an information security program on ISO/IEC 27001.
Building a county information security program on HIPAA
Watch my video on building a county/municipal security program on the HIPAA security rule
In this 5-minute video, I cover the basics of using the HIPAA security rule to create your county/municipal security program.
Is my dog smarter than a CEO?
Watch my video on the Equifax data breach
In this video, I cover some outrageous facts about the Equifax data breach and show you how my dog, Cooper, appears to know more about InfoSec than highly paid executives.
Ready to talk?
Enter your contact information and we'll be in touch shortly.
Or, call (607) 731-4097
e-volve Enterprise Management Services
519 Blakeslee Road
Milan, PA 18831
Get in touch with Jeff